Funny Valentine

Personal Instagram: bambicarina Photo: Z.K.

Do you ever put together an outfit and have your heart set on an item that may or may not exist? 

That has been a reoccurring theme since I was a child playing dress up. However, it's always been fun to challenge myself to make that something a reality and it is at least part of the reason why I went on to study design.

In this case, my imaginary something was red heart-shaped buttons covered in glitter. I think my much younger self would squeal at this idea.

I've been a sucker for a little color lately and place the blame entirely on the beautiful film 'The Love Witch'. Highly recommend it if you're a fan of the mod style and a bit of mischief! As for the glitter detail, I may as well tribute that influence to the burlesque troupe I have been so lucky to be a part of since this last September.

A brush of Mod Podge and a sprinkle of red glitter made this simple daydream come to life. The vintage knit dress, found at a local Buffalo Exchange, originally came with mirror-square buttons as seen here.

These thigh-high stockings that I rip faster than I lose bobby pins are from L'ecole Des Femmes. They are my absolute favorites and their sister dotted pair are quite lovely too. Paired with the nylons are my beloved Joie boots. Not sure what I'll wear once Spring is in full swing, I live in these shoes.
My cap is from Nastygal a few years back and the bag is Marie Turnor.

My new sewing machine is finally here! I'm excited to make more original designs to share in these style posts. I've already made one dress for someone else and can't wait to make more come this Spring! What are you looking forward to this upcoming season?

Inspiration : Ginger Rogers via Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Love the dress and the hat adds the outfit the perfect touch. You look gorgeous!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These heart buttons are the cutest! SO LOVELY!

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the heart detailing is adorable. Amazing look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic look! You look amazing :)
    www.evelinebison.pl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very great coordinate darling!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome! Love your look xoxo
    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos!
    https://principessadellerose.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete