Witchy Woman

Personal Instagram: bambicarina Photo: Z.K.


It wasn't my intention to look like I was summoning some sort of spirit, but I'm not complaining either. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to sit down and watch 2016: 'The Love Witch' already. 60s period film set in San Francisco starring a modern day witch? Yes please.

I love the unfinished look of this orange and green warehouse. My neighborhood has so many colorful surprises. I feel motivated to walk and explore more for future shoots. Funny story - as I was I was getting comfortable posing near the open door, an employee came out and told us it would be ten bucks a shot if we wanted to continue taking photos. Always nice to wrap with a laugh.

The orange headband and tie were recycled from an old Reformation romper that was too short for my torso. I have plenty left over so perhaps a matching top is in order?

Dress is vintage and was found at a local Buffalo Exchange. Seeing that there are no tags and minimal finishings, I reckon it's homemade which makes it all the more special to me.

Boots are from Joie. I have the same pair in black and wear them all the damn time (see here and here). I love the fit so much that I couldn't resist buying their sister color on super sale. Plus I need to break my black-shoes-only habit. I didn't even mean to make it a rule but one look at my shoe collection says otherwise. Do you have any dressing habits like this?

Inspiration found on Pinterest: Brigitte Bardot





31 comments:

  1. Such a lovely skirt! Perfect combo with these shoes! You look gorgeous!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it difficult to style outside of black shoes so I appreciate that comment very much! Thank you ♡

      Delete
  2. totally love the outfit! especially the boots
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten bucks a shot? Laughing was the only answer! ;)
    Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style!
    Dora xx
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intresting outfit :)
    http://gingerheadlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty outfit!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gil! It was lovely, hope you had a nice weekend too ♡

      Delete
  7. You look like such a pretty doll in these photos! Love love loving the retro vibes of this outfit! You are so stylish and innovative!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, this is such a sweet comment. Thank you Rina, it means a lot to me! ♡

      Delete
  8. Amazing look
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the vintage dress, I've got a couple of homemade 60's skirts at home and I really love them, it feels so special knowing you're wearing something that's a one off. So funny they tried to charge you money to shoot haha.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rosy! Those unique pieces are always a fun find. Haha, the guy was a joker for sure! Thank you ♡

      Delete
  10. That look is amazing! I love the vintage vibes. I really want to watch The Love Witch too, sounds amazing!

    Technicolor ♥ Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Love Witch was amazing! I just watched it with my beau this weekend finally on Amazon! Thank you Lou ♡

      Delete
  11. You look very pretty!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the skirt, it is one of the best prints. Amazing touches of orange also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Imogen! I was stuck choosing between navy and orange, I'm glad I went with the latter! ♡

      Delete
    2. Yes! Both would have looked good but prefer the orange.

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty dress, love the vintage feel to the entire look.

    ReplyDelete