Take Two






Bless Zúñiga Karina for shooting this look twice! Her photos the first round were lovely but I was not happy with my styling and location choice for this outfit. Here were the best shots from the first take [1 2 3]. I can sense in my face that I was not confident with the final details.

For the second take - I embraced the fact I wear my Joie Boots all the time. The thick belt was swapped with a thin belt purchased from H&M years ago. Now this Kate Spade print dress was a lucky find at my local Buffalo Exchange, the hem and sleeves were shortened while maintaining the adorable tiny ruffle detail on the arms. Since my sewing machine is in the middle of being replaced; I made all the alterations by hand which I found to be more peaceful than anticipated. Overall, I'm much happier about the silhouette and I feel the location fits perfectly!

This cute pink church was built in 1926. The ornamental iron and color reminds me of the school year I lived in Dominican Republic.
Another place that makes me smile when I pass by in my neighborhood.

I felt that my hair from the first shoot was overly-simplified for my inspiration below. For the second time around, I made sure to use most of the bouquet in my hair. I kept those flowers on all day, it was too fun! The always darling Nancy Sinatra picture was found on Pinterest.

What's the last thing you felt the need to improve? It can be anything - an outfit, a recipe, etc. I love reading your comments and little stories, thank you for the warm welcome back on my previous post! Happy Valentine's Day!



Photos: Z.K. Personal Instagram: bambicarina






30 comments:

  1. Intresting look :)
    http://Gingerheadlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty!

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such an amazing photoshoot!
    I like the ideea of flowers in your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really perfect and unusual look! Love it, looks as vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the floral pins in your hair!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rina! I used real flowers, the scent was lovely ♡

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous dress! I really like this look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove your concept!
    The flowers in your hair, the outfit, expression on your face and location are all perfect! I can't wait to see more look like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means so much to me ♡

      Delete
  8. beautiful outfit
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing hair with flowers! This dress is perfectly suits to here. I wish I had pink churches in my town too, or at least something pink besides the balcony of my neighbours hehe.

    Nancy is so pretty on this photo! I love her wonderful voice. I love retro things too, but just probably recent year. Audrey Hepburn is my favourite person ever. I cried when was reading her book. What's a strong person...
    Any way, I really love your taste!♥

    And andswer for your question: I have so many things to imporove recently, can't wait for spring weather to inspire me to do this;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered balconies and neighbor's houses more than once! Haha, as long as you're on the sidewalk, why not?

      I love Nancy too! She perfectly encapsulates the word "cool."
      I haven't ready Audrey Hepburn's book but you've got me curious!

      Cheers to Spring and thank you for your lovely comment Anna-Alina ♡

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous look! I love the photos!
    Dora xx
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is outstanding, lovely print and great pink walls to showcase it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are absolutely stunning. I'm in love!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  13. you rock !

    let’s follow each other on GFC/bloglovin?
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a pretty look. Love the print and it's also some of my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This location is just perfect!! Such a pretty look :) xx

    ReplyDelete