"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happiest girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles."
Thank you for leaving such a charming impression on the world! Timeless, that one. This portrait is phenomenal. I'm so impressed with the arrangement. What's your favorite thing about Audrey Hepburn? Any thing! I love that she stayed an active humanitarian, and my favorite film of hers would have to be Funny Face.
What a charming film this was. I saw this with my beau on Valentine's Day. It was so full of talent and exceeded our expectations tremendously. The Sparkle of the starlet, Berenice Bejo, was unstoppable. The man and dog together were just darling. I'm looking forward to watching this again.
I was recently notified that the costumes are at my college right now. I haven't visited the Los Angeles campus of FIDM since graduation. Time for a road trip!
PS: When she held up the paper headlined "Who's that girl?" Did anyone think "It's Jess!"? I know we did. PPS: Go see The Artist!
a couple weeks ago, i saw funny face as part of forty foot films. can i just say how much i love my saturday nights now? watching a classic...on a 40 foot screen...plus, the trivia-prized questions before the beginning always keeps me on my toes! did i mention it's only 5 dollars? last week i watched breakfast at tiffany's. i didn't win a pin this time, though i knew the answer to one question. rats! i'll get em' next time.
there's something charming about a bathtub couch. can't keep to a real cat-cat? then this plush was made for you. my favorite scene was holly & paul in the city, right after they five-finger discounted a pair of animal masks, painted here.
did you know:
- author truman capote envisioned marilyn monroe in the part of holly golightly. monroe was originally cast as golightly, but her drama coach told her that playing a call-girl was not good for her image.
- audrey hepburn hated danish pastries, making filming the famous opening scene a bit of a chore for her.
- at a post-production meeting following a screening of the film, a studio executive, in reference to "moon river," said, "well, i think the first thing we can do is get rid of that stupid song." audrey hepburn stood up at the table and said, "over my dead body!"
- about nine cats were used throughout the film as the role of cat.
- although it's never explained why holly is wearing a bed sheet at her cocktail party, an earlier scene (cut before release) established she'd been taking a bath and had to improvise a gown on the spur of moment. the cut scene was featured in life magazine pictorial shortly before film was released.
- the uncredited voice of the "terrifying man" tearing up holly's apartment is actually george peppard.
- holly golightly wears the same dresses all the way through the movie, simply changing the accessories to give each outfit a different look. her black shift dress features through the movie at least four times.
I absolutely ADORE this look, from Kate Spade Fall 2012. I do not use caps lightly. The watercolor by Inslee just made me want to day dream about it more! The polka-dot nails, black and white palette, the accessorized peter-pan collar, patent bow-belt, feathery skirt, I just want to fly away in this....
Enlarge an old envelope with someone special's writing! Spotted on Iffer's Little Nest.
This framed envelope is so charming and is probably a great conversation starter in a dining room. The homeowner had an envelope addressed by his great-grandmother scanned enlarged and scanned by a local printer.
Photograph courtesy of the October 2009 issue of Southern Living.
whether you're looking for a night in or night out - i have just the right movies. i've seen 8 of these films and the other 4 i just can't wait to see! (those are the four in the center of "in theaters") click the linked preview to check out what they're all about!
1 Lady and the Tramp
3 The Tiger and the Snow
4 Big Fish
5 Midnight in Paris
6 Harold and Maude
don't forget to dress your nails! click on the image to enlarge.* (first / second nails) the third set of nails i adapted off of these adorable magnets. the last set of nails were created by sahar. I absolutely love this template...so handy!
ps: t-6 days until saint valentine's day!
Michelle Williams was very insecure about her body when she was pregnant, so Heath Ledger would often put padding under his shirt to appear pregnant as well in hopes of making his wife feel better. This photo was taken the first time Heath did this.
I've just added this date idea on my bucket list. Make a directory of photo booths in your city with this tracker. Plant points on a map, then end the day by checking off the list! Bring a bag of props, your beau, and favorite dress. Make a separate scrapbook with the used map as the cover. Clip your portraits inside and you have yourself a sweet memory to later reminisce.
PS: 1 week until St. Valentine's Day!
last night i attended my first 40 foot films screening. if you haven't guessed already, they screened funny face! i just loved all the costume done by the lovely, edith head. the colors and art placement was impeccable. & audrey hepburn was charming as can be. here's a couple outfits from my favorite scenes. how perfect is that balloon brooch?
must-have item here is definitely the cigarette pant. you don't lose a bit of femininity and you still feel like a lady! i won a funny face pin from a a set of trivia questions they had before the film. i feel honored to wear my funny face pin, it's a wonderful message. a 'smarvelous date all around. next week they're showing breakfast at tiffany's...i doubt i'll be able to get out of restyling that one!
did you know:
A couple of my girlfriends and I are getting ready to see My Week with Marilyn. This event is long overdue. Here are a few of my own versions of the costumes worn by the lovely actress, Michelle Williams. My number one must-get item of this collection, gingham pants.
- ▼ February (17)