NATALIE WOOD AS MARIA IN WEST SIDE STORY.

          a couple days ago, i saw this film for the first time with my boyfriend's parents. i think it would have to go down as one of my favorite double dates yet. i knew the soundtrack, i just never got around to seeing the movie. i'm glad my first time was in a theatre because there's something magical about a 40 foot screen. 

"i will be the only one there in a white-- it is a beautiful dress. i love you!"

          just a fun fact: natalie wood wears the same bracelet on her left wrist to hide the surgery she had after shooting the green promise. the bracelet became her trademark and can be spotted in all her subsequent films.


x

6 comments:

  1. lovely post, would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie and the dress you chose as style inspiration! Also, that such a fun tidbit about the bracelet- I definitely didn't know that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I didn't either until attending the movie. They had trivia before the film started :)

      Thank you!

      x

      Delete