pink bucket list






"situated north of the cap vert peninsula in senegal, northeast of dakar, lake retba, or as the french refer to it lac rose, is pinker than any milkshake you’ve ever come face to straw with. and once you see it, you too will agree that a sippy straw may be in order over a boat. experts say the lake gives off its pink hue due to cyanobacteria, a harmless halophilic bacteria found in the water. if the color weren’t enough to make you smile, it should be known that lake retba has a high salt content, much like that of the dead sea, allowing people to float effortlessly in the massive pink water. in fact, lake retba has an almost one and a half times higher salt content than the dead sea."
(via tumblr)

          can you imagine? it's like swimming in a strawberry milkshake. i'm taking a necessary "vacation" from blogging for about 1 week. i have a collection to finish for my very first fashion show by next week. excited for everything!


x

8 comments:

  1. it's like you read my mind! pink is beginning to dominate my closet right now!



    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the "prettiest" color in my book :)

      Delete
  2. oh gosh, all of these are just too fabulous. i'll take one of everything. especially that swimsuits and that vintage phone ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. That phone is the absolute best. <3 This is a great compilation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That phone is definitely up there on my wishlist :)

      Delete
  4. oooooh! pretty!! you know, when I was a younger lady, I despised all things pink. but now that I'm older, I love it so much. though I still avoid fuchsia like the plague.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft pink is prettier! That's funny about the age thing, I think I was the same way ha!

      Delete